Why DS Adoption?
Because we believe wholeheartedly in the following statements.
• We believe every child deserves the love and nurturing of a family.
• We believe in embracing, enjoying, and sharing this one special life and all the blessings we have been given.
• We believe in celebrating each child’s milestones and every small step in between.
• We believe in helping children dream big, reach toward possibilities, and be courageous.
• We believe sharing knowledge, insight, and experiences with others can build a community of acceptance, support, and encouragement.
• We believe this world and all the places in it are big enough for everyone, even when one person’s needs and abilities look different than another’s.
• We believe families that adopt a child with Down syndrome are not saints nor have superpowers. They are only ordinary families choosing to make a difference.
• We believe children who have that something “extra” and the “ordinary” families who adopt them create a beautiful picture of something Extraordinary.